Oh, the grocery store.
I’m a Harris Teeter shopper, but I recently switched stores and it’s kind of a funny story why. Every single time that I would go into the store, I’d hear the following over the loudspeaker: Security, scan all aisles.
Every. Single. Time.
I think I must have made it on the HT naughty list. However, I’m not sure how and/or why. I might carry a big purse, but seriously Harris Teeter? I think I’ve been in the store twice when I haven’t heard that stupid announcement. Needless to say, I broke up with them and found a new store.
Yesterday, I stocked up for the week and here’s what I’m cooking.
- Breakfast Bars with fresh cherries (same thing, all week long)
- Monday: Spaghetti
- Tuesday: Tuna Cakes with sauteed julienne summer veggies
- Wednesday: Homemade Pizza Night
- Thursday: Grilled pork chops with corn on the cob and green beans with almonds
- Friday: Vegetarian chili + French fries
Oh and if you are wondering why in the world I’m making soup and chili in late July, I have no good answer for you. I’ve been craving soup, so soup it is!
Also, I’m not one of those people who can eat the same thing everyday. When I make soup type dishes, I usually freeze individual portions of soup for easy lunches. It’s one of my favorite ways to avoid wasting food.
So that’s it! I’d love to know– what’s one thing you are making this week?